We are excited to share our next edition of “The Pragmatic News”, our monthly newsletter!
You will find exciting insights into the latest activities, achievements, significant events, and new offerings in the past month. This will help you be abreast with all the initiatives taken by the PL team, which eventually impact your journey of transition with us.
We hope that this newsletter gives you a deeper insight into life at PL. For more information daily updates on PL and, follow us on Instagram @instagram.com/pragmaticleaders/
To help us make your journey with PL even more enriching and fruitful, we would request you to share with us your feedback and suggestions through the enclosed form:
Feedback Link: https://forms.gle/M4xdkBKzVdPZxnER7
Product Requirement Document (PRD)
A PRD explains the use and value of a product or a feature. Objectives in PRDs elaborate on the user problem being solved and string it with your organization’s vision, goals, and initiatives.
Click the link below to download the sample PRD template.
More links to read:
Monthly Case Study
The graph below (left) depicts our conversion rate for the bookings and conversion rate for customers in a particular city in a day (across all ride/car services built on top of our driver network). The graph on right depicts average number of bookings per driver in that city.
Booking conversion rate is the percentage of bookings that gets driver allocation on a given day. Customer conversion rate is the percentage of customers who tried booking a ride and got a driver allocation on a given day.
- What insights can you draw from the above graphs? How would you like to visualize it differently and with what additional information? What are the two most important insights and why?
- Give your recommendations across ride product and allocation (conversion from customer making a booking and driver being selected) to
- Improve booking conversion rate (for the same customer conversion rate)
- Improve overall customer conversion rate
- Build a high-level roadmap for the ride product and allocation
- How will you prioritize your ride product and allocation recommendations and why?
- Pick up your highest priority task and create stories for development. Draw a quick mock using a pencil or a software
- The information provided above is proprietary. Please do not circulate without permission
- The submission should be in .pptx or .docx format with no more than 10 slides or five pages
- Submission platform: Truemerit (Paste your responses in Case Challenges feed- https://truemerit.io/groups/case-challenges/?redirect=freecourse)
- Feel free to use the internet and the Go-Jek app
Learning Support Developments
- Guest Talks
Following are a few additional Guest sessions held in the last one month where we tried to bring you some amazing insights from the industry:
Interview Prep Session – B2B Product interview Questions
Speaker – Mr Sushil Patil – Product Manager IoT & Data Analytics Meeting Recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/6VQ2u6KrEj7SybYE-YwwZQbumId5TMALRRmZNGqKV-5doWuEG08g2nOisXXoE4jW.FPOrv-6T8vYHo6LG (Access Passcode: n&^8y=4Z)
Alumni Connect Session- Transition from Business and CX roles to Product
Speaker – Mr. Amar Daing – Senior Product Manager at OYO
(Access Passcode: T+6B#gB)
To re-visit the Guest sessions conducted in the last 1 year, please refer to the below link-
Also, here is our YouTube play list: https://www.youtube.com/c/PragmaticLeaders/videos
Exclusive LIVE sessions with Talvinder, focussed on Tech and Tools used in Product management were scheduled in the month of March and April. Learners across all the cohorts attended these sessions and enhanced their learnings.
You may view the session recordings as shared on the Career Support Group under the True Merit- https://truemerit.io/groups/career-support/
Please do share your feedback on these exclusive sessions, through the enclosed form link-
1:1 session with Industry Experts through True Hike- We are glad to share that these personalized guidance sessions are helping a lot of our learners to crack interviews and achieve their desired out comes.
For those who are still thinking, may start using this service and Book Appointment through Truemerit under Book 1:1, a step-by-step guide of making the bookings is available under the Book 1:1 tab of Truemerit. In case you are facing any issues in booking the slots with mentors, please reach out to [email protected]
Our Extraordinaire Bloggers:
We are happy to share the blogs written and published by some of our recent learners:
PL team and mentors have always given tremendous importance to blog/article writing. This will not only enhance your knowledge and thought process but most importantly serve as a sample of work esp. for the people who do not have prior experience in Product Management. Hence, with this newsletter we urge our learners to write blogs/articles on varied concepts of PM and related areas.
We would be happy to publish & share these articles in our newsletter and social media domain.
2. Our learners who got some amazing offers in last one month:
- Gaurav Srivastav from EL cohort 2 has joined Mudrantar as Senior Product Manager
- Sidharth Arugula from PGD cohort 22 has joined Tapclicks as Associate Product Manager
- Bhagath from EL cohort 6 has joined Karbon Card-VP Product (Data Platforms)
- Shantanu Sharma from PGD cohort 17 has joined Teleperformance as Product Manager
My conversations with Talvinder convinced me to join the Pragmatic Leader’s Executive Leadership Program in Product Management. Talvinder truly understood the junction I was standing at, professionally and in personal life. Now, after getting placed in OYO with 88 percent hike in my salary, I consider my decision to join Pragmatic Leaders’ course as a correct one.
Senior professionals from Cogoport presented the mission statement and the organizational goals. They discussed the job descriptions against the vacancies & highlighted the company expectations from the future employees in Product role. A detailed discussion on the JD along with the company expectations would was shared with learners, interactions on company benefits, compensation etc were also done during the session. We are sharing the recording for your ready reference.
In total, fifty (50) learners participated in the session and 24 resumes were shared with the company.
Meeting Recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/bKys9jJUtE_bMp00qKgfZ8_zJwgFxvS958gzGcXR8fQ5mAqUbp74ZtSe6CjMa8am.2B_3ZX24kX2HaPv1
Access Passcode: c$?a6RgZ