We are excited to share our next edition of “The Pragmatic News”, a monthly newsletter!
You will find exciting insights on the latest activities, achievements, major events, new offerings and process updates that have transpired in the past month.This will help you to be abreast with all the initiatives being taken by the PL team which eventually impact your journey of transition with us.
Follow us at Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/pragmaticleaders
and YouTube play list @ https://www.youtube.com/c/PragmaticLeaders/videos
“Feedback is the breakfast of champions”- Ken Blanchard.
To help us make your journey with PL even more enriching and fruitful, we would request you to share with us your feedback and suggestions.
Feedback Link:- https://forms.gle/M4xdkBKzVdPZxnER7
Learning Support developments
In this edition, we are excited to share a glimpse into How an AI lab works and builds their model from scratch.
Darvis is an AI lab based out of Nashville, established in early 2015 in the heart of San Francisco. It was founded as Hashplay (a virtual reality company), and in 2017 pivoted towards a computer vision company to build solutions which fuel the hospitals and logistics of the future.
To know more about how do they operate, check out here a quick chat between Talvinder Singh, Founder at Pragmatic Leaders and Vik Mehta, Labs Lead at Darvis – https://photos.app.goo.gl/TzjM4BiKp22fCbhCA
Following are a few additional Guest sessions held in the last one month where we tried to bring you some amazing insights from the industry:
1. Topic of the session: Agile frameworks
About the Speaker: Ravi is a data analyst turned PM. During his career so far, he has worked as a PM in food delivery , logistics, and SaaS companies across Europe and Asia.To know more about his product journey so far: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ravi-duggirala-35043629
Key take-aways from the session:
1. Common interview questions on Agile – What is expected from PM’s
2. Role of agile in the product development framework – Common metrics
3. Introduction to common practices like sprint reviews, backlog grooming , sprint retros
2. Alumni connect session with Kushagra M, one of our Learners from earlier PGD cohorts, Kushagra. He is presently working as a Senior Product manager at Leap Finance. To know more about his career journey so far: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kushagra-m-64206583/
Topic of the session: How to identify for yourself – the ideal PM opportunity
Key take-aways from the session:
The attendees got an opportunity to clarify a lot of their queries regarding their career roadmap and got guidance on how to position themselves for Product related opportunities while coming from varied backgrounds.
To re-visit the Guest sessions conducted in the last 1 year, please refer to the below link- https://truemerit.io/groups/career-support/
Also, here is our YouTube play list: https://www.youtube.com/c/PragmaticLeaders/videos
We will be happy to hear from you if you are looking to attend Guest sessions on some specific topics. Feel free to drop a quick note on firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional learning support that you may need.
Workflow for The Perfect Fit: https://truemerit.io/workflows/
Resume Review approval, Priority List approval etc all require a step-by-step methodical approach, multiple reviews, iterations and check-ins. And Workflows is the platform which will handle all of it.
True Merit Home Page——–> Left Panel Menu——-> Select Workflows————> Resume Review (1st Option)——–> Upload the Resume, and also the priority list of the companies along with the deliverables here.
Please note the following mandatory requirements:
1. In total, the following submissions are required to get your Shortlist Ready
- Resume and Priority List of Companies
2. Upload all these submissions in the respective tabs of the Workflow-This form will initiate a review flow which will go through two levels of Approval. The reviewer mentor will take action on your entry typically within 48-72 hrs of submission. Do not re-submit this form till the workflow ends for the first submission. After submitting this form, look out for the email notifications with the updates on the process and the status of your submission.
3. Once approved, share these assets with the placement team.The placement team will map the companies basis this priority list of the companies, and share with you the list of the organizations that best suit.
We strongly believe that Workflows will make it easier and quicker for you to get Shortlist Ready.
Resume Formatting Guidelines:
We hope that you have seen the Guidelines added in the Perfect Fit course in the Resume Assignment. Please adhere to the Resume Formatting Standards here: https://truemerit.io/courses/the-perfect-fit-in-your-career/lessons/assignment-resume/
A common piece of feedback that we received from learners is that it is difficult to identify which jobs are most relevant for them. Relevancy of job with candidate’s profile comes from two aspects, competency match and preference match. While preference match (salary is as expected, location is favorable, sector is aligned and so on) is easy to identify and filter on, we figured that competency match is hard to identify.
And thus we built TrueMatch.
You can now find out how well you match the skills and competencies needed for your desired Product Role and which Jobs are Truefit for you!
Follow these simple steps to view your Truefit matches:
1. Visit the “Truefit Match” page(https://truemerit.io/my-truefit-pm-role/) from the left panel menu on the Home page
2. Click on “Assess Competencies” to self-assess your competence
3. Select the role you are preparing for and fill in the assessment form
4. Submit the form to view your result
5. Update your entry fortnightly to view improvement in your matches
6. To find out relevant jobs based on your competence assessment, visit Truejobs
7. You will find your Truefit Match on job cards and a detailed result in the job details
This helps you focus on the relevant job opportunities and compare your competence as a PM with standard PM roles.
Placement Support process at Pragmatic Leaders
- Perfect Fit in your Career – In this 2 week program, we have distilled the key ideas behind finding the right job, role and company for yourself. This course rationalizes the expectations and provides the learners with the most practical roadmap for realizing their placement aspirations, especially critical for the ones who are from non-product backgrounds. All content and workbooks in this course aim to get the learner the role s/he desires and are fit for, with the help of personalized guidance from PL Mentors. This course takes the learner on a journey to identify themselves, realize where they stand regarding the twelve critical product skills and then amalgamates all to produce an opportunity priority list as their target board, scientifically. It enables the learner to draft an ideal resume to sail through applicant tracking systems and other screening processes.
- After completing the Perfect Fit course, it is mandatory for learners to upload their Resume and Priority List of companies in the Workflow, and follow the PL mentor guidelines in building up a well-crafted resume to ensure maximum shortlists.
- The Priority list of the companies is again a critical submission as it will enable the placement team to understand the learner’s priority in terms of the company and the sector, and thus helps us in reaching out to the right company. This will remain an iterative process and constant communication and feedback from the Learner to the placement team on his/her shortlists being received is a must.
- PL helps you in identifying the right set of companies for you through its own network. Please be vigilant of the job postings, and start applying on the job board. We urge you to apply to at least 8-10 companies on a weekly basis, with every approved resume till you get short-listed.
- In case of no shortlist despite applying to more than 15 companies, the Learner is expected to update the placement team so that the required support can be aligned with the PL mentor to identify the gap, re-evaluate and work for a better alignment. We need a transparent and free flow of communication from you to help you achieve the desired goal.
The crux of every successful placement is fair and transparent communication, and we encourage you to open up with us with your thoughts. We will need as much support from you in identifying the right match as much as you require the placement team to proactively help you achieve the desired outcome.
We initiated an exercise last month to help you identify your target list of Employers. You will be happy to know that we have already connected with these companies proactively with the CVs of only those learners who have reverted to us.
Some new Recruiters added in PL network – Infinity Learn, Flipspaces, Greenway Health, GoBolt, Magic Bricks, Guarented, Precanto Labs, Early Salary, Nspira Management, Spinny
Resume shortlisting is in process with companies like Infinity Learn, Flipspaces, Greenway Health, GoBolt. In June month alone there are 14 Resume shortlists where the learners are rigorously preparing for their next process. We wish them all the very best!
A few companies where our learners have interviewed recently -Cybrilla, Gartner, Cogopport, Webengage,Damaensh,Infinity Learn,Flipspaces.
- We are glad to share that in last one month 2 of our PGD learners have bagged offers from Flipspaces and Webengage and will be soon heading towards their new career milestones.
For more such placement updates please keep a tap on the posts in your Truemerit Feed.
Hope you enjoyed reading this newsletter as much as we did putting it together for you. Glad to be your career partner and looking forward to being a part of your success story soon!
If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic to be included in the future editions of the newsletter, please do share your thoughts