We are excited to share our October 2022 edition of “The Pragmatic News”. This edition brings to you some exciting insights on the new features that the PL team has been working on Truemerit to make your journey with us even more enriching and to help accelerate your placements.
So read on and do not forget to share your valuable feedback with us through the enclosed form: https://forms.gle/M4xdkBKzVdPZxnER7. We hope that this will help you to be abreast with all the initiatives being taken by the PL team which eventually impact your journey of transition with us.
Learning Support developments
1. Guest Sessions
Date 9th September 2022
Topic Exclusive Alumni Session
Guest Speaker PL Alumnus- Bhaghat Gottipati- VP of Product, Kanban Cards -https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhagathgottipaty/
Recording Link us02web.zoom
Access Code Access Passcode: Actf0Vp?
Date 23rd September 2022
Topic Master Class on Profile and Portfolio Building with Himadri Joshi
Guest Speaker Mr Himadri Joshi -lhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/joshihimadri/
Access Code Access Passcode: VD5P2=1C
Date 30th September 2022
Topic Exclusive Session on Product Design Questions Asked in PM Interviews
Guest Speaker Speaker-Monalisa Gupta -https://www.linkedin.com/in/monau/
Access Code Access Passcode: ys.F07hP
Date 1st October 2022
Topic PM Interview Series - Frameworks & Methodologies in Product Management
Guest Speaker Speaker- Pamit Anand -https://www.linkedin.com/in/pamit82anand/
Access Code Access Passcode: 2Pg7+zb6
We will be happy to hear from you if you are looking to attend Guest sessions on some specific topics. Feel free to drop a quick note on [email protected] for any additional learning support that you may need.
2. Building and Updating Digital assets
- Frequently asked questions regarding the Perfect Fit course
- Placement process at PL
- Recording of exclusive session conducted by our Principal Mentor, Talvinder Singh regarding Positioning and alignment of 3Cs – company, candidate, collection of assets
- Recording of exclusive session conducted by PL mentor, Amar Dang on Resume building.
- Sample Portfolio submissions made by 2 of our recent PGD learners-https://truemerit.io/courses/the-perfect-fit-in-your-career/lessons/product-portfolio/
So do check these updates here: https://truemerit.io/courses/the-perfect-fit-in-your-career/lessons/introduction-5/
3. Mock interviews and Personlaized guidance from Mentors:
We are happy to see most of our learners are actively seeking out to mentors on Truehike for personalized guidance and interview support.Here, are a few guidelines on how to make the most of these 1:1 bookings:
- It is recommended that you get your digital assets – resume. profile and portfolio before making 1:1 bookings, as this will help the mentor understand your background and strengths to guide you better for interview preparation.
- You should have a specific agenda for these calls and details of the job opportunity that you have got a shortlist for or you are targeting.
- You should seek guidance from the mentor with a broad industry view and about how to position yourself in a particular kind of company/industry.
- Do not book calls with multiple mentors for the same opportunity or objective of guidance. This will lead to confusion arising from diverse opinions of multiple mentors and will further make it difficult for you to decide on the best approach towards the problem/interview at hand.
- It is important that you share your updated CV which is approved under the Workflow with the mentor you are seeking guidance from so that he/she can guide you better.
- Set up periodic milestones for yourself to achieve.
- Start working backwards by creating tasks in order to achieve those milestones.
- Develop a time line and stick to it.
- Pick up the JDs that you are targeting or wish to apply for and have your entire strategy of Interview prep starting from update of assets to doing mock interviews aligned with that particular JD.
- To have a consistent flow of feedback, remain connected with the same mentor for at-least a month so that you can utilize the guidance more effectively.
- After each mentor call you should have well-defined action points that need to be completed before the next call with him/her.
- Once you have implemented the changes as suggested by the mentor, you should do a review with the mentor during the next connect.
- Focus more on self-effort followed by retrospective sessions with the mentors.
We are sure if you follow the above suggestions, it will make the sessions fruitful and will enable you to channelize your energies in a better and streamlined manner to gain maximum from these 1:1 personalized sessions
We are happy to share the feedback received from one of our current learners who found this 1:1 bookings immensely helpful in preparing for her interviews.
Ameena Khuteja - PGD c32
"I had a vague idea about the PM interviews as it was just 2 weeks since my cohort had begun. The placement team helped me book 1:1 with a mentor for mock up interviews. The suggestions shared by the mentor benefited me a lot to expect the kind of questions that will be asked and the approach to frame the answers. I could confidently take up 2-3 interviews with just 1 mock up session. I urge all the learners to take up 1:1 discussions on various activities like resume refining, LinkedIn updates, portfolio building, interview sessions, any doubt clarification sessions, and a lot more. Trust me, you will dive into real waters once you are exposed to such mock-up sessions. I look forward to more support in climbing up the ladder."
So don’t wait further and practice as many mock interviews with PL mentors and alumni to take your final leap.
True Merit updates
a. New features added:
Introduction of Timeline in the Student Dashboard – The Timeline provides a complete visibility to the learners on how their learning journey is structured at PL. Not only this, it also gives learners a vivid and clear view of all the mandatory deliverables of the program,. This helps in keeping the students aware and up to date with all the important activities and submissions along with their due dates so that they do not miss any of the deadlines.
New Version on the android Mobile App – The app focuses on the “on the go” learning experience. This comes with the old bug fixes and thus we request all our learners to install the latest version of the app from playstore.
Resume Listings – A recruiter facing interface to improve discover-ability of our students’ resumes based on the relevant filters
b. Feature updates:
Added new fields in Placement Phase section (Certifications and Open to Relocate)
– Notice Period and CTCs drop downs
– Location fields updated to drop down multi select
– Centralized Company and Sector fields in Experience section in profile and submit resume
– Education section added in Submit Resume page including Tier1/2 college marker field
- 8 new companies recently added to PL network
- Resume short-listing and interviews are in progress with companies like Fi, CRM Recruit, Funding Societies, Vams Global, Inkle, Iolo, SourceWiz, Inc 42, Ultratech Cement, Mindpeers, Cogoport, Saavi-Uploan, Tekion, Phone Pe, Microsoft among others.
- Some of the companies which have hired PL learners in last 3 months – Flipspaces, Digilant, Aditya Birla Sunlife, Nspira, Funding Societies, HCL, se2, Salesforce, Karbon Kard, Tamsha.liv, Inkle, Optimal Strategix Group, Qwipo and CRM Recruit
- One of our learners from PGD cohort 28 joined CRM Recruit as a PM this month and we are glad to share that this was yet another opportunity (after Karbon Card) shared by one of our alumni for her own team.
- It gives us immense pleasure to have our association with alumni now being transformed into Recruitment partners. We are now aiming at onboarding recruiters through TM so that they can directly access the repository of our learners’ digital assets as well.
- For more such placement updates keep a tab on your TM notifications in the PL
Do checkout our previous editions for more insights
Hope you enjoyed reading this newsletter as much as we did putting it together for you. Glad to be your career partner and looking forward to being a part of your success story soon!
If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic to be included in the future editions of the newsletter, please do share your thoughts.-
As we celebrate the festival of lights, let us hope that it brings along new opportunities for us to work together and enable you to reach new heights of your career and success. Let’s write a new story of success, together.
May you have a blessed year ahead full of prosperity, health, happiness and success.
Warm wishes to you and your loved ones on Diwali. Shubh Deepavali.
The Pragmatic Leaders Team